A place wherein this Dwarven Cleric can share his love of maps, dice, miniatures, and all things involving gaming and general geekery--not to mention the occasional witty non-gaming observations--whilst escaping from the humdrum existence of his routine Terran existence.

Hail and Well Met, fellow traveler! May my Stronghold provide a place for enlightenment and amusement, and somewhere to keep your dice dry. Enter and rest awhile.

15 October 2016

[Inktober 2016] Day 15—The Waystation

Gah. This post means I'm all caught up for the mid-point of Inktober.

This also represents my attempts at drawing flagstones a la +Dyson Logos-style. I don't think it worked. I think I'll need to bribe him or +matt jackson for some tips.


The Waystation
(Key word: relax)

Located on the edge of the brown sands of the Sanktar Plains, the Waystation is the last safe place of rest for many miles. Manned by a human ranger named Mal, strangers will find three cots and a couple of coal stoves for warmth. A few supplies are also available for a charge.

Under the flagstones, however, are accommodations for friends. Several more cots, a secured secret room for valuables; the cavern is heated by a magical rune, which also provides light to those rooming here.

The river feeding the Waystation's well also provides a means for secret shipments to the small pier as well as an escape route if needed.

2 comments:

matt said...

Love it, this is exactly the sort of thing I would use in my games.

For my flagstones I draw a bit more broken up and chaotic lines, not nearly as defined as yours are here. I think they look fine however. Hatching is top notch, Dyson would be proud!

Boric Glanduum said...

Thanks for the kind words and advice, Matt.

I had the mental image of a group of bandits lying in wait for the one or two travelers they know were in the Waystation...and then imagining their surprise as ten or more armed men came boiling out of the building.... An "it's larger on the inside!" moment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...